CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Very First Letter

Hooray for Sister Hayes!!!

She made it through her first week at the MTC!! A week may not sounds like much, but it is a HUGE accomplishment!! I know I have said it before but the first week is so tough!! But I am SO proud of my friend for making it through!!

As her friend I was just like to send out a huge THANK YOU to everyone that kept her in their prayers!! I'm sure she feels every one of them!! So don't stop now!! Keep on praying for her!!! On Wednesday Sister Hayes had her very first P Day and it was her first chance to write home!! I thought I would share some exerts of her letter!!

"Relief Society was awesome, we were able to listen to Music and the Spoken Word and for Relief Society we had a special speaker it was... SHERI DEW. All the mothers that talked that day said how much they knew that our parents loved us and that this is the best gift we could give our moms."

"Well I better start talking about last nights devotional! It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess who spoke?
I'll give you a hint... It was an APOSTLE Well it was Elder Holland! I can't believe my first week here i get to listen to an Apostle of the Lord. Everyone was so uplifted by his talk and I probably took about 5or6 pages of notes. I will definitely have to write a letter telling you more about it. He is a very funny man and very tender at the same time. He told us things like, If you come home off your mission and become inactive and have a tattoo you better know that if I see you I'll just punch you in the nose. It was so funny! He also talked a lot about Obedience. Just like granma has been telling me for weeks. He said this isn't Burger King you can't have it your way!"

Cool huh!?! It sounds to me like she is doing awesome!! Please remember to keep her in your thoughts and prayers!! And don't forget to go visit Dear Elder and write her a letter!!!

Check back soon for some more really cool pictures!!

1 comments:

Al Hayes

WAY TO GO, CHRIS. SOUNDS LIKE MISSIONARIES DO HAVE FUN AND SOME GREAT SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES. ELDER HOLLAND IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SPEAKERS. THANKS FOR SHARING THAT WITH ALL OF US.
LOVE YOU, GRANDPA

Post a Comment